SMiC is proud of having successfully built up a team of lawyers who have in-depth knowledge and years of experience in the field of competition and antitrust law. Two key members of this team, Dr. Lawyer Le Thanh Vinh and MA. Nguyen Hoang Anh who had undergone many training programs on competition law in Australia, Japan, USA and Germany, used to work at competition authorities of Vietnam, directly participated in the drafting and implementation of Vietnam Competition Law and its guiding documents. At SMiC, clients will be provided the most comprehensive and practical consulting solutions to deal with any complicated issues arising in this area.
Our consulting services in this area include:
- Generally advising on the interpration and application of competition law and policy in Vietnam and international market;
- Advising on, drafting transaction documents to ensure clients to be able to implement their business ideas in full compliance with the provisions of competition law;
- Conducting assessment of the possibility of violating competition law of the current transactions and cooperation plans of clients;
- Advising on, drafting the application dossiers for exemption for proposed anti-competitive agreements, economic concentration transactions (merger, acquisition, amalgamation, joint venture); reperesenting clients to work with Vietnamese Competition Authorities to secure necessary exemption;
- Advising on, drafting the notification dossiers for proposed economic concentration transactions; reperesenting clients to work with Vietnamese Competition Authorities to secure necessary permission;
- Advising on procedures and representing clients in claims/lawsuits for violations of competition law (anti-competitive practices and unfair competition);
- Advising on procedures and representing clients in complaining/suing the authorities’ decisions of handling competition cases or decisions of not granting exemption;
- Advising on the development of compliance programs in with the field of competition law.